Monday, March 9, 2009

It Depends

One of the excellent lessons that my Dad taught me was the answer to nearly every question. This lesson was much larger that just giving me a pre-programmed response, but more significantly, prompted me to realize that on every occasion there are variables to take into consideration with every decision. Originally I learned this while assisting my Dad in conducting Hunter's Safety trainings. When Dad was discussing ethics with the students in his class he would ask them a series of questions to which the correct answer was always: It Depends. This sparked conversation on each of the ethical questions which allowed each of the students to make determinations on conditions which would effect the outcome of the decision making process.

As I continue to experience life at my own pace, I understand this concept more an more. By answering each question that requires me to make a decision on the outcome with: It Depends, I too am able to take the time to consider conditions which will effect my determination on making the best decision possible.

0 comments:

Post a Comment