Sunday, September 27, 2009

Easy Come, Easy Go

Talk about FRUSTRATING!!!

Every time I was wasteful, or failed to appreciate what I had, Dad would offer his famous quote: "Easy come, easy go."

Although frustrating as a kid, I realize now the importance of working for what we have, and the value in earning something. More importantly, the value of knowing that it was earned. I recognize now more than ever the meaning behind this as I watch our politicians building their power base upon steeling from those that work for it just to give it to those that wish for it. Politicians and the people they give handouts fail to appreciate what it takes to earn. Never do they experience the long days and sleepless nights, hours of planning and preparation, working to actually be a producer, or they simply wouldn't come as a thief in the night to take what we earn.

As a child, my Dad was creating an environment - a microcosm of social interaction - for me to understand that when you are not the one earning, then you see no value in what it takes to earn. More importantly, though, he created an environment where I could decide whether I want to earn it or steel it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment